Saturday, April 26, 2008

Gardenia

The Gardenia won the day. 

After a day of washing dishes, cleaning bathrooms, vacuuming, scratching the cat's chin...the first fresh bloom on the gardenia bush......came in.  Clipped it, I did and put it in a small, red, glass vase that I bought years ago at a yard sale.  Paid $5.00 for it... the vase, that is, not the gardenia. 

The bloom is intoxicating in its fragrance, and intoxicating in its pure form.  The petals unfold in a symetry - velvet white against  waxy deep green leaves. I placed this freshly cut bloom, in its red glass vase...on the glass table top of my round iron table in the middle of my living room.  It permeates and intoxicates. 

I was so taken by its beauty, that I located my Fuji camera...and prepared the area for a most spectacular photo of the newly blooming gardenia.  The Camera has a focus malfunction and the picture cannot happen. 

I guess a shopping experience is in my future. 

I love the Gardenia.  May Gods bow to its beauty. 

 


Tags: ,

No comments: