Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Vet Visit

Gracie and I went to see Dr. Patterson today. She received her third and final set of "puppy shots" which included rabies. She's done with shots for a year, except when it's time to spay and micro chip, which will be Valentine's Day. She weighed in at 21.5 lbs., a gain of 5 lbs in a month. I think this vet is wonderful. I told him of my frustrations and "issues" and when I told him that things improved when I stopped training a dog and started raising a puppy, ..he liked that... After he finished examining her and prescribed the heartguard and frontline, he said that he is very impressed with Gracie, that she's an extremely healthy dog, her coat is beautiful, her muscle development is outstanding, and she is incredibly well behaved. He said often times he sees weim pups that won't even let him examine them - won't let him look at their teeth, their eyes, ears. He congratulated me on what a good job I've done (lol) and repeated how impressed he is! (Okay, so... I guess I'll keep her!). He said she'll probably be 60 lbs. at 10 months.

So, I guess she won't be going North anytime soon - at least not without me. I'd love to take her on a road trip. I got the rabies papers to have with me for those park and campground visits.

1 comment:

Roderick said...

What a beautiful dog!