Sunday, September 28, 2008

Dreams and Drizzles

Today is drizzly, like a "northern" day.  Growing up in the Poconos of Pennsylvania, we often had days on end of "drizzly weather" - overcast and without a good hard downpour - constant drizzle. 

I did something this morning that I have not done in many many months.  I brewed a pot of coffee! Imagine the novel of it! It smelled so good brewing, that I immediately wondered why I hadn't done so sooner.  A quiet, drizzly Sunday, strong aromatic brew, and correspondences with friends. 

I have some errands I want to run today, but yesterday, my daughter's boyfriend washed my car - what a nice young man!  So, I don't want to take it out in the rain!  (what a woos I am! ) Perhaps later if the skies clear I'll venture out. 

Last night in my dream, I was with co-workers and a few of the town's "whistle-blowers" and I was concerned that we would run out of cream for our coffee.  (Do you think my dream influenced my desire to brew a pot of coffee this morning?) My favorite dream book says Coffee indicates hospitality (I spent time yesterday readying Lauren's bedroom for company); energizer; stimulator; to produce active thoughts; a psychic food.  Of Cream it says, Indulgence.  Furthering in the dream, I left the meeting place (confident there would be enough cream) and was walking down a hallway, when a woman coming toward me greeted me by name and with a sincere, broad grin, approached me, hugged me strongly (so strongly it caught me off guard) and said how happy she was to see me.  I greeted back, and asked if I knew her?  She responded no, but she knew me and was happy to see me.  I replied, "It's nice to meet you, too." And we parted.  Her appearance was common, yet she had a brightness to her - an aura, or glow that was uncommon. I don't recall her mentioning her name, yet I have this thought that her name is "Linda".  It was a very encouraging gesture - perhaps she's a guardian angel. 

In cleaning my daughter's room yesterday, I came across something she had written down:  Pain is inevitable - suffering is not.  I don't know whether  it's original, but it was impressive and memorable.  It also demonstrates an advanced thinking.

   I will leave you with these thoughts for a blessed Sunday - a drizzly, sleeepy lazy Sunday for thoughts and dreams and ruminations. 

No comments: