Sunday, January 25, 2009

Complexities

"Something needs to change; you cannot keep everything going as is. Instead of waiting for the house of cards to collapse, it would be smarter to voluntarily eliminate some of the complexity while you are still able to choose for yourself."
The above is an excerpt from my horoscope for today. It resonates with me, as I woke and rose mindful of the myriad of tasks I hope to accomplish today. The rising sun casts its light upon another cool clear morning, promising to be another beautiful day in paradise. Often, visitors or new-comers will ask: how do you go to work each day, when every day is like vacation?! Today is one of those days: how shall I accomplish my chores with the temptation to go outside and play? Sometimes I try to structure the chores around the sun - meaning inside tasks are done before sunrise, or after sunset. For today, however, I cannot put off until sundown and must focus in order to get all things done.
Eliminate some of the complexity: I shall meditate on that as I work through today. I feel as if I am playing 'catch-up' instead of being proactive. The hurrier I go, the behinder I get. No good deed goes unpunished. One step forward, two steps back.
Today I shall become as the little engine that could: I think I can I think I can. Optimism and hard work.
It should be sunday, funday, but tomorrow is monday and the start of an escalating energy of expectations. This time tomorrow, I shall be on top of matters, making attacks from the outside impossible; an unshakable stance of deep security.

No comments: